Google is the top search engine on the web. And because of that, website owners are carefully studying this search engine in the hopes of unlocking the secret to reaching the coveted top rank. The process of reaching the number one on the Google search engine results page is difficult enough with the level of competition. It becomes more difficult when you take into account the Google ranking factors and complex algorithm. That does not even take into account the constant updates that Google does to its algorithm!
If you are a beginner and would like to unravel the secret and best seo the results you want, here are the top 3 Google ranking factors to look into:
1 – On-Page Factors
When you want to boost your Google ranking, you need to start your optimization efforts at your own page. You can boost your search visibility with the following techniques:
• Research the right set of keywords to optimize. This one will take the highest amount of research and analysis on your end. You want to make sure that your keywords are competitive enough to be able to generate enough searches and not-so-popular enough that you can rank among high level of competition.
• Use your keyword in the title tag, description tag, H1 tag, and page copy. You should not focus your keyword use in one area but spread them around. That way, all pages within your website is well optimized. On the other hand, you should always remember the rule on digital business marketing as far as SEO is concerned: avoid stuffing keywords!
• Focus on providing good quality content. Even if you were able to generate traffic by boosting search visibility through your keyword optimization, you want to keep the traffic on your website and not bounce off quickly.
• Incorporate a good mix of inbound and outbound links. Make sure you only link to authority and quality sites, though.
• Use keywords in URL too. This will also boost your probability of being found on Google as it adds to the relevance to a particular keyword.
2 – Off-Page Factors
Google also takes into account factors outside of your website when deciding how you rank:
• You need to work on increasing the number of domains linking to your website and its internal pages.
• Make sure you focus on relevancy when generating links outside of your blog. You will earn a better SEO score that way.
• Analyze nofollow and dofollow links. Nofollow links are not counted by Google when evaluating number of linking pages towards your website.
• Link diversity. You need to be able to link to different pages from different sources. When the same types of links are being generated, Google might identify it as a spam.
3 – Website Factors
When handling your website’s technical aspect, they too can have an impact on your search engine performance as well:
• Add a sitemap. This not only makes it easier for your readers to find content within your website, it is also good for your internal SEO efforts.
• Choose a reputable domain provider. In addition, the domain server is a crucial factor in boosting your rank within a specific region or country for a given search.
• Mobile optimization. This is something that website owners should look into in today’s world of SEO – make sure that your website is mobile optimized!
The secret formula to reaching the top of the Google results page is to target all of the three Google ranking factors listed above. This will guarantee that you not only reach the top quickly but also stay there for a long time.